Sunday, September 15, 2013

Email Update: 9/9/2013

Dear Family,

Things are going well with me; We were able to set a baptismal date for one of our investigators! Dan, who is now living on his own and working to get all settled into his own place, is scheduled to be baptized on January 4th, 2014. It was really cool to be there and watch him make that commitment to move forward in his life. Emily and her daughter Ali are doing great as well, and Emily is liking the Singles ward, so she is still going to church every Sunday, and she has been reading the things that we have been assigning. With a little more work on all our parts, I feel that she is going to be ready to set a date soon. Kathy sounds like she is doing great too, and actually found herself defending the church to her mother for a good 2 hours, according to her. She is most likely going to move out of our area soon, so we will have to wait and see how the rest of that goes, but she seems like she knows that what we are teaching is true.

Along with all of that, I gave a talk in one of the wards we coveryesterday. It followed my usual pattern of taking an hour to write, and 2 minutes to speak. I think that I did ok, though, and the rest of the talks went really well. I did save a copy of the ward bulletin, for more than just that; it was the first time that they had me in there as one of their full-time missionaries, rather than Elder Jarvis' former companion, Elder Sergeant.

Well, that's about it for this week. It's awesome that Michaela's a mom now, and that Mario's a dad. Tell Jeff I said hi. Loves you!

Elder Stuver

No comments:

Post a Comment