Monday, June 8, 2015

Email Update: 6/8/2015

Dear Everyone,

Thanks for all your stories and such, and tell Michaela that she looks... different. ;-) 

Sadly, we didn't have much happen this week. We worked our tails off, it was just one of those weeks where everyone cancels, nobody lets you in their home, and everybody else is out of town. Honestly, though, I don't feel too bad about it. I know that we did everything that we could to make things happen, and we even were able to take our ward missionaries out with us contacting. We got 4 new referrals, the first 4 member referrals that I can even remember getting, and though we weren't able to contact them yet, they sound like pretty solid leads. We heard about a lot of the members starting to do more member missionary work, and there were even 2 or 3 people who bore their testimony about special experiences having to do with it, even including giving out a Book of Mormon. A ward missionary named Danielle told us about some of their neighbors who they had over for a BBQ. They are apparently very musical, specializing in the clarinet, which just so happens to be one of my comp's favorite instruments to play. Danielle told us that she would try to set up a time where we could all get together and meet, and they all could talk music and introductions. 

Really, I guess a lot did happen this week. It just wasn't the kind of things that we usually hope for. Of course, I should be used to that by now---rarely does God give us what we want. Instead, He gives us what is best for us, and will actually do more good than what we, with our narrow-minded pride, think is more important. I think that is one of the major things that i've learned so far. I hope that I can remember it, and possibly help someone else figure it out, too. It makes life a lot more pleasant, to know that Someone is helping us, often in spite of our belligerent attempts to do things our way. Good thing, too---the world would be in a lot of trouble if I always had what I wanted, even a lot of the good things.

I hope that everyone is happy, and that lives are going well. Sorry this was a shorter letter, but oh well. It happens.

Love and Insanity,
Elder Stuver

No comments:

Post a Comment