Monday, November 3, 2014

Email Update: 11/3/2014

Dear Everyone,

Well, it sounds like you guys had a fairly exciting week after all. Tell Wendell that i know how he feels; I did gain 50 lbs in New Plymouth the first time. And as for Trent, tell him that he is a lucky son-of-a-gun.

So far, the transfer has been pretty awesome, all things considered. I have had the chance to see a couple of the people that i'd met in New Plymouth over a year ago, including a lady named Dorothy that used to work at the Senior Center where we would go for lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Halloween was the usual, in at 6:30 (after a bunch of members gave us food and candy, of course).

We didn't have an enormous amount of lessons this last week, but that wasn't due to any lack of work. What happened instead, is that i have been a part of the most service packed week that i have had yet to see. I love it. I always like doing the service that we get to do out here in the country (somewhere that i still haven't had a whole lot of experience with), which tends to be a lot more exciting (and strenuous) than city work. This last week alone, we planted 48 trees, whacked half an acre of weeds, split 8 chords of wood (approximately 8 ft x 4 ft x 4 ft of wood----all times 8) in one 8 hour shot, built half a deck, sanded and stained the other half, put in a new roof, and we are going to go split another load of wood this evening. It's been a lot of work, and I've been having a lot of fun. 

Something else pretty cool along with all of that is a bit more selfish, but it also makes me happy. Today, something amazing happened; I fit into my jeans that are a 34's, when the other pairs of pants are all 36's! In other words, i am down 14 lbs from where where i started losing weight! I've been really working on it for just about a month, maybe a month and a half, and i've been feeling much better as i've been going down. Through all of this, i was kind of thinking about one thing, "Mom was right---all of what i was eating DID catch up to me." But, I've been doing awesome, and i am happy with how it's been.

Now back to some more important stuff. It has been really strange, trying to adjust to the new calling of District Leader (one that i'm still not sure i really am excited for). We did have a really cool District meeting this last week, with a lot of participation and really good responses. I think the reason for that doing well is all of the years practicing my "Drama Face," more than anything else, but it was still nice. However, calling people last night for Key Indicator reports was less than pleasant for me; I still hate the telephone. I kept stumbling over my words, blanking out on what to say, trying to do my job of helping my district, when I'm not aloud to council them, and having a set of sisters not call in until this morning. After the calls, i pulled a Mr. Provolone, and banged my head on the table a good 6 times. Then i went to bed.

All of that being said, the sisters are really cool, and fun to work with. All of them are out for the right reasons, and all of them know when to have fun, and when to be serious. That makes it much easier to try to adjust to where i need to be (even though its really really really weird not to be able to really help anyone like i'd want to.) We will just have to see how the rest of this transfer goes, and if i die of mental insanity by the end of it.

Well, that should about do it this week. Thank you for everything, as always.

Love and Insanity,
Elder Stuver

No comments:

Post a Comment