Sunday, July 21, 2013

Email Update 7/21/2013--MTC Life

I wrote Nathanael an email, and here was his response:

Mrs. StuHarper,

I did send a responce to your letter, did you not recieve it? If not, I might have forgotten to write the "4" for your apartment number.

I leave... on Tuesday. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

MTC=Cabin feverawesomeness
I had some awesome spriritual experiences, including participating in my first blessing, consecrating my own annointing oil, and finally knowing for sure that God loves me, i'm in the right place, and that He's pleased with me.

The MTC has been awesome, but I'm glad that it's almost over; it's time for me to be out there. Like I said, I leave on Tuesday, and it is kinda freaking me out, but i'm really excited at the same time. We wake up at 6:15, be at the travel station of the MTC, take off at 11:00, and touch down in Boise at 12:15. From there, meet the Mission President and head to the mission home. So, if you have my mission home address, start sending stuff there.

The blessing i helped with was for a sister in our district, named Sister Paisley Stevens (i have a picture of her, i'll send it when i can.) I won't go into detail, so that you can post this if you'd like, but she needed a little comfort, and the Elders needed the Spirit that came from it.

My comp's name is Elder Jacob Olson, and though he makes a rest stop about 4 times a day too many, we work really well together, and we both learn from each other. (Again, picture to be sent... eventually.) We've been able to teach "Bob Nash" (our teacher roleplaying) and we've learned a lot about how and what to teach, and when to do it. During some of our Companion Study times, Elder Olson and I go out sometimes and make random approaches to missionaries as if they were people on the street. It's been pretty cool, and again, we've learned a lot.

Well, my time's up, so I'll end with saying that you should read Alma 48:17-18 to know what told me to be sure and stay.

Love Elder Nathanael Stuver

No comments:

Post a Comment